We are looking for an HGV driver to join our timber haulage team moving sawn trees from the forest to the Sawmill. The position is available from our Invergordon or Corpach depot and is a Monday – Friday shift.
We offer competitive rates of pay, paid weekly; full PPE provided, Life Insurance and health checks and medical renewals, plus the support and backing of a full time, professional logistics team using modern technology.
Main areas of work
- Deliver customers good in a professional and friendly manner
- Ensure the most direct truck friendly route is taken
- Ensure the vehicle is safe and fit to be on the road by carrying out adequate daily checks.
- Work within the tachograph and working time directive laws
- Ensure all PODs are captured accurately
Working on your own initiative and as part of a team, you will
- Drive HGV1 Vehicles and other Company Vehicles as necessary according to licence provision
- Drive HGV1 vehicles with attachment trailers when necessary: attachments to include: Flatbeds, curtain siders, occasional drop-sided trailers, low loaders, tanker trailers, forestry pin trailers
- Maintain and update training to drive artic and rigid vehicles to comply with Company needs and legislation
- To be available for training which may also be at weekends and on occasions be on employees own time
- To load with care, general cargo including forestry products, round wood (as per round wood Code of Practice and Company Handbook), fertiliser, concrete products, steel and paper products and any other cargo required
- To ensure safe and secure loading of cargo at commencement and throughout duration of the journey to off-loading cargo
- Report any issues effectively and promptly to management
Skills and Experience
- HGV Class 1 Licence – ideally with 2 – 4 years min experience
- Driver Qualification Card
- First Aid Certificate – not essential as training will be provided
- Hi-ab Certificate – not essential as training will be provided