Integrated port and logistic solutions to move goods by road and sea
Providing trusted turnkey Port Services
Integrating Road Haulage and Marine Services, Ferguson Transport & Shipping operate Kishorn Port as an end-to-end solution for road and sea transport and logistics.
To ensure your transport needs are met with the highest possible level of efficiency and customer service our team of experienced professionals offer comprehensive port services and facilities at Kishorn Port, including:
Features of Kishorn Port
Located in Wester Ross in the Highlands, 70 miles by road from Inverness and 200 miles by road from Glasgow, Kishorn Port also benefits from the following features:
- The quay provides a single continuous straight-edged area of 120m in length, running parallel to the general shoreline at approximately 260/08’ degrees
- At the western end, the quay projects 40m from the shoreline, whilst at the eastern end the loch shore turns northward into the bay and estuary of the River Kishorn
- The quayside top stands 10m above the seabed and is open to the sea in a westerly direction with deep water close to the quay
- Vessels up to 100m or more can occupy Kishorn, subject to terms not always afloat but safe aground
- The present mooring bollard arrangement allows reasonable security for a vessel of up to 100m in length and approx 3500 DWT
What else happens at Kishorn Port?
In addition to our comprehensive port services, Kishorn Port is also home to a number of other activities on site including the manufacture of fish cages for the aquaculture industry, quarrying and salmon smolt transfer.
We also transport fish feed regularly from the Port and deliver along the West Coast of Scotland from as far South as Ireland – Arran – Mull – Loch Linnhe, as far West as Loch Hourn – Skye – Uist – Lewis – Harris and as far North as the Shetland Isles.
Other products we transport include:
- ADR products for the aquaculture industry
- Forestry round wood
- Road salt
- Stone and aggregate