About the role:
The successful candidate will be joining a well-established team who have the necessary skills and experience to deliver a first-class transport and logistics service to our customers.
The successful candidate must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly excel. Being highly organised with good administration skills is essential for this role along with being adaptable to change.
- Previous experience in a Transport/Logistics role or relevant qualification within this field
- Knowledge of MS Office; particularly excel and outlook
- Confident, professional manner;
- Strong organisational skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to think ahead and regularly cope with new/unexpected circumstances and tight deadlines.
- Assisting and coordinate with the transport team to ensure all customer requirements are met
- Ensuring that safe and legal compliance is followed at all times
- Working with the planning team to make best utilisation of vehicles
- Communicating work allocation with drivers
- Keeping internal systems and processes up to date
- Any other tasks as assigned by management;
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner at all times;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload;
- Ability to ensure confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
Benefits of being an employee with Ferguson Transport & Shipping:
- Competitive rates of pay + overtime rates for weekend working
- Flexible holidays – 28 days paid leave per annum (pro-rata), enhanced with service
- Aggregated holiday pay
- Loyalty payment scheme
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Occupational health surveillance
- Group life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Training & support from day one and throughout your career with the Company
- Relocation support and accommodation available for the right applicants