About the role:
This is a new opportunity to work alongside our established team, the successful applicant will learn the necessary skills to safely operate a variety of plant and machinery to run and manage efficient warehouse operations.
- Keen to learn practical skills and qualifications in order to progress.
- Takes instruction well, paying particular attention to health and safety regulations.
- Happy to take part in internal and external training. Travelling to external training facilities may be necessary in due course.
- Confident, professional manner.
- Strong organisational skills with good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to think ahead and regularly cope with new/unexpected circumstances.
- Assisting with and learning how to operate forklifts in a safe and controlled manner, carrying out and recording pre-use checks.
- When trained to do so – operate forklifts on areas of Kishorn Port that are under the control of tenants or third parties and working to any additional specific third-party client or site requirements as needed.
- Assisting with the preparation of trailers or lay down areas ensuring that all stock is correctly identified and stored safely in the correct location. Move stock within stores as required. Load boats and trailers as requested with correct stock.
- Complete all paperwork associated with these tasks, particularly Trailer loading Sheet and Stock Movement Sheet.
- Ensure all working area are kept safe, clean and tidy, aisles / bays in warehousing swept out and any feed or material spills cleaned up immediately.
- When required, assist with the setting up of trailers to help out other drivers / crane operators.
- Assist in maintaining the yard and access roads.
- Ensure that all operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Report any damage, plant defects, accidents or any equipment you deem to be unsafe to your line manager.
- Assist with the movement and safe handling of waste items, moving them from vessel to Port and then into trailers or on-site waste facilities.
Benefits of being an employee with Ferguson Transport & Shipping:
- Competitive rates of pay + overtime rates for weekend working
- Flexible holidays – 28 days paid leave per annum (pro-rata), enhanced with service
- Aggregated holiday pay
- Loyalty payment scheme
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Occupational health surveillance
- Group life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Training & support from day one and throughout your career with the Company