As a Trailer Technician you will be based in a busy workshop environment. You will be required to undertake all levels of maintenance, repairs and major over hauls as well as completing standard servicing and diagnostics.
The ideal candidate will:
- Follow the repair process from fault analysis to completion
- Diagnose trailer defects
- Maintain and repair all types of HGV trailers
- Ensure comprehensive completion of all documentation, including worksheets.
This role would be ideally suited to those with a keen interest in mechanics, previous experience is not essential as fully training will be provided. It may also be suited to car mechanics who are looking for a change or progression with the career.
- Background or keen interest in mechanics is an advantage, full training will be provided so previous experience is not essential.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
- Ensure all inspections and repairs are carried out according to the manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner within reasonable times
- Ensure all work is recorded accurately and signed off accordingly
- Ensure that all service paperwork is completed accurately as per instructions
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair
- Attend technical training or any other training that is made available for your development
- Assist in the coaching and development of any apprentices or other technicians
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business and professional manner
- Any responsibilities and tasks delegated by the senior management
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner at all times
Benefits of being an employee with Ferguson Transport & Shipping:
- Competitive rates of pay + overtime rates for weekend working
- Flexible holidays – 28 days paid leave per annum (pro-rata), enhanced with service
- Aggregated holiday pay
- Loyalty payment scheme
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Occupational health surveillance
- Group life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Training & support from day one and throughout your career with the Company
- Relocation support and accommodation available for the right applicants