Ferguson Transport & Shipping operate Kishorn Port, delivering fish feed to numerous fish farms located off the West and North Coast of Scotland. Kishorn Port is located in Wester Ross in the Highlands and is situated approximately 70 miles by road from Inverness and 200 miles by road from Glasgow.
Latitude 57° 23.8’ N Longitude 05° 37.5’ W
Other products handled at Kishorn Port include:
- ADR products for the aquaculture industry
- Round wood
- Road salt
- Stone and aggregate
Activities currently on site include the manufacture of fish cages for the aquaculture industry, quarrying and salmon smolt transfer.
Kishorn Port offers:
- The quay provides a single continuous straight edged area of 120m in length, running parallel to the general shoreline at approximately 260/08’ degree;
- At the western end, the quay projects 40m from the shoreline, whilst at the eastern end the loch shore turns northward into the bay and estuary of the river Kishorn;
- The top stands 10m above the seabed;
- It is open to the sea in a westerly direction with deep water close to the quay;
- It could be occupied by vessels up to 100m or more, subject to terms not always afloat but safe aground; and
- The present mooring bollard arrangement allows reasonable security for a vessel of up to 100m in length and approx 3500 DWT.
A regular fish food delivery service, as well as other products are run by Ferguson Transport & Shipping from the port along the West Coast of Scotland from as far south as Arran – Mull – Loch Linnhe, as far west as Loch Hourn – Skye – Uist – Lewis – Harris and as far North as the Shetland Isles and also to Ireland.
Port facilities and services now include:
- Storage & warehousing
- Forestry bulk handling
- Overnight berthing available
- Cargo ships, wellboats and barges by arrangement
- Oil related barges and supply vessel enquiries welcome
Site address:Ferguson Transport & Shipping Kishorn Port Kishorn Base Strathcarron Ross-Shire IV54 8XA
All enquiries to:
F: 01397 773 850
Other facilities surrounding Kishorn Port are available through KPL (Kishorn Port Ltd) to access further information on this, please visit the KPL website.